Saturday, November 16, 2013

No Baptism

Hi family,

Well the baptism didn't happen this week. That's okay though! Kalilah is still very ready to be baptized soon. He just had some family drama happen the last few days before that made him feel like it wasn't the right time.

Oh by the way, sorry my email didn't come yesterday. Apparently libraries close on Veteran's Day, so we didn't have computer access. I just back from transfer meeting. Still here in Liberty! Elder Henrie has departed from us (sad day-- I will forever miss the sight of Elder Henrie gnawing on a whole and wholly unadorned cucumber every morning for breakfast) but Elder Kalilimoku and I are still here along with our new companion. I'll make sure to take pictures of us and send them. I'm sorry mom! I know I said I'd have pictures this week from the baptism--I'll just take random pictures this week and send them to you.

So, the reason the baptism didn't happen is that Kalilah got into a fight with his Grandma and said some things he regretted. Then the next night he was out late with his friend which worried his Mom, who had been out working all day as a security guard at a prison. So we went to go find Kalilah and found him almost immediately. When we got him home, his mom wanted to give him a whoopin', which terrified Kalilah. We told Kalilah we would try to convince his mother not to give him a whoopin'. This turned into a long emotional scene. I won't try to write out everything that happened. But it wasn't a great night. Anyway, Kalilah's still working towards baptism. The great thing is seeing Kalilah so ready to apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ in his life, to be able to repair the mistakes he has made and move on from them.

Other than that, we had a couple of fun days. We do service at the library fairly regularly, and this week we helped them make scarecrows to put out in front of the building. We also had a really good dinner with a family in our ward--which doesn't happen as often as you would think.

Our old investigator, Anna, the very first person I ever taught in the field, has started progressing again (for a while she was not). She has been praying and reading the Book of Mormon and her faith has been increasing, and she seems to be seeing a lot of blessings in her life--with her work situation , etc.

My friend from my MTC district, Elder Zendejas, got his visa and left for Brazil yesterday. It was kinda sad not seeing him at transfer meeting today, but that's okay.

Thank you everyone! I hope you are all doing well!

love,

Luke

No comments:

Post a Comment