Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Goodbye, Liberty!

Dear all,

We got transfer calls on Saturday night. Elder Hendershot and I are leaving. Transfer meeting is tomorrow, so tomorrow morning will look something like this: wake up, drive out to kingwood, meet new companion, discover new area, drive to new area, get to work. This is exciting but sad. I LOVE Liberty. I really can't wait to visit again. I love the ward, tiny and unusual as it is. I love our investigators--many of whom are so CLOSE to baptism, and some of whom are no where near. One of my favorite investigators, Keith (who falls into the latter category), said to us on Saturday evening, "Tell them that they can't transfer you, because there's this guy named Keith here in Liberty who still has doubts, and you three are the only ones who can help him out." He texted us later on that evening to ask us who was being transferred, and when we told him, he texted back: "Mikayla and Michael are crying." Mikayla and Michael are their adorable 8 year old twins who usually just call us "the cool guys." haha. Anyway, there are so many people here that I will miss. I take comfort in the fact that Liberty is in Texas and not Tibet, so it is likely that I will be able to come back and visit someday.

Well, that's really the big news of the week. I would give y'all my new address but I don't know where I'll be. All President told me was that I would "really love" my new area. (of course he says that to everyone).

Oh also: Our ward had three baptisms this week! All three were from Dayton, which is the town just up the road from Liberty. Its strange because the church building is here in Liberty, but almost every member in the area lives in Dayton. That's okay though--hopefully the families we've been teaching here in Liberty will be baptized and become a firm foundation for more growth. That's what I pray for anyway.

Well, I believe I will be able to email briefly tomorrow to let you guys know where I am...we shall see.

Love you all! Thank you for being so wonderful.


elder wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment