Monday, March 24, 2014

Crawfish Boil

dear family and friends,

two words: crawfish boil. 

I really love food, and east Texas / Louisiana have some really fantastic culinary traditions -- not the least of which is the Crawfish Boil. The Crawfish Boil is more than just a meal; it is an event. I had been hoping to have the opportunity to indulge in some of these spicy Cajun mudbugs before leaving Texas. So, I am very happy to report that on Friday evening of this week, Elder Evans and I ate heaping helpings of crawfish, clams, mussels, shrimp, crab, potatoes, and corn, all boiled together in a pot full of highly spiced boiling water, in a small 2nd story apartment not to far from Hobby Airport in the city of Houston. It was DELICIOUS.

So Gracie and her daughters continue to progress wonderfully. They are really just loving everything. We are working towards the day of april 12th for their baptism. We had stake conference this weekend, and Gracie and her daughters seemed to have a great time. 

I got mildly sick yesterday, which wasn't too fun. I slept through most of my study time as well as through my lunch break (because I was certainly in no condition to eat!) While we were out proselyting, it got cold and started pouring rain (Texas is like that). By the time I went to bed I felt as though I was starting to develop a fever. I was super achy and hot. But I prayed that I would be better this morning. And I woke up feeling 100% better. So that was great. 

Well. I know more stuff happened this week, but I'm drawing a blank.

from Houston with love,

luke

No comments:

Post a Comment